"BBC Heart Care, Pruthi Hospital" is a premier, pioneer and multi super specialty Hospital situated in the heart of Jalandhar city, Punjab. The idea of BBC Heart Care was conceived by Dr. C. S. Pruthi MD, a renowned physician & cardiologist of Jalandhar, who resolved to mitigate the sufferings of heart patients by bringing Heart Care based on international standards within the reach of every individual. He worked with missionary zeal and, by the grace of God, attracted a group of dedicated persons who joined hads with him to transform his dream into a reality. The Ultra-modern cardiac care center in Pruthi Hospital, Jalandhar was finally inaugurated by Dr. Manmohan Singh (Presently Prime Minister of India) on 27 th January 1996.
Since then the hospital has created several benchmarks in the patient care and treatment. The hospital has the honour to successfully perform challenging medical procedures for the first time in the region.
• First to start Bypass Surgery in the North West of India
• First to perform Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgery.
• First to conduct Congenital Heart Surgery in 1996.
• First to start Endoscopic Bypass Surgery in May 1998.
• First to start Minimally Invasive Valvular Surgery.
• First to perform Off pump Coronary Artery Bypass (OPCAB) Surgery
• First to perform Beating Heart Bypass surgery on a 90 yrs old patient
• First to perform Heart Surgery at the youngest age of 8 months in Northern region.